With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
The Collections Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of collection representatives who follow-up with insurance companies to resolve unpaid claims.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages most complex overdue account balances that are fully or partially unpaid.
- Develops and analyzes reports to identify problems and trends in Revenue Management and with staff productivity.
- Acts as a resource to subordinate personnel to resolve escalated inquiries with accounts.
- Communicates directly with collection agencies, payors, government agencies and/or attorneys to resolve outstanding collections issues.
- Monitors collections activity and develops necessary corrective action to resolve deficiencies.
- Ensures Apria is in compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures customer inquiries are resolved in a timely manner.
- Tracks trending payor issues and elevates as appropriate.
- Interfaces with payors to resolve issues.
- Performs other duties as required.
- This position supervises all subordinate employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management, hiring, and discipline of subordinate employees within the department.
- Typically supervises up to 25 Nonexempt Collection employees
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.