With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
The collections representative follows-up with insurance companies to resolve unpaid claims.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches any overdue account balance that is fully or partially unpaid and follows up by mail and/or phone to insurance carriers or customers on delinquent payments.
- Reviews unpaid and underpaid claims. Resubmits or appeals as necessary.
- Verifies payment information adjustments to supervisor.
- Coordinates collection activities for delinquent accounts by preparing information for external collection agencies or attorneys.
- Complies with the Fair Debt Collector Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding account status.
- Researches customer’s accounts thoroughly and documents appropriately.
- Resolves discrepancies and prepares adjustments and refunds as necessary.
- Ensures that all information regarding collection activity of account is entered accurately into the billing system.
- Brings recurring issues to the attention of the department supervisor.
- Initiates payments and resubmits bills as necessary.
- Pursues patient for payment obligations when insurance defaults as permitted by law or contractual relationships.
- Report to work punctually at assigned starting time, and have reliable, consistent attendance
- Performs other duties as required.